While we have had the written word and the arts for millennia, nothing is quite like video. Even more amazing is our ability now to share said video almost instantaneously. You are missing out if you are not marketing your business with video.
A few statistics you should be aware of:
- There are almost 1 million minutes of video crossing the internet per second
- YouTube users are viewing more than 1 billion hours of video each day
- Facebook has over 8 billion video plays per day
- Viewer retention is 95% when viewing a video, versus only 10% retention when reading text
If you feel video production is out of reach, then you need a change in perception. You likely have one of the most powerful video cameras available right in your pocket: your smartphone. As an operator of laser tag, you also have access to some of the most visually compelling activities right in front of you. While it is not quite as easy as pointing the camera and hitting record, you can start creating snippets of content now.
If you are not convinced, let me throw some marketing information your way.
- Websites with video are 53 times more likely to land on the front page of Google if they have video. Your conversion rate also increases by 80% by those who go to your site!
- Social video gets shared 1200% more than text and image content combined.
- Video posts reach 40-90% more people than link or photo posts on Facebook.
So, if you are ready to jump into grabbing more customers in today’s world, point your smartphone at something interesting. Clean your video lenses, turn your phone horizontally (please!), and capture those interesting moments. There are plenty of “how-to” videos on YouTube to get you started.
If you find you do not have the time to do the work, the ability to capture great content (it can be challenging) or to give the people what they want, ask for help. Speak to your Laserforce rep about some of the options for video content creation out there in the world. Your wallet will thank you!
Partner, Rokosz Studios
Laser Tag Veteran, FEC Marketer and Trainer.