Generally the industry is split between low-end, mid-range and high-end systems. Low-end systems are churned out from mostly out-of-date design patterns. Their only strength is price. In contrast, Laserforce is a high-end system with many strengths, including quality, features, service and price.
We often hear first-time buyers say ‘I don’t care about all the bells and whistles. I just want a cheap system where players can go in and zap each other’. However, low-end systems generally turn out to be the most unreliable. Also, the laser tag market has become very competitive and these kinds of low-end systems are getting taken over by more professional operators. To the right is a comparison of mortality fugures between Laserforce and the industry average.
Laserforce | Prospering vs Closed
Industry | Prospering vs Closed
Word of mouth is all-important in this industry. Laser tag is all about repeat play, and players know the difference between a great game and an ordinary game. If your low-end system provides an ordinary experience, players will go elsewhere. So give them the best and your business will reap the rewards.
Any system that has fixed team colors is automatically Low End. Some examples of systems which only have fixed team colors include Zone Rfit, Lazer Runner & Quasar Elite.
In addition a low-end system will have a majority of the following features that prevents the system from being classed as a mid-range system:
- Absence of numerous hit sensors so that players can not easily cheat, including sensors on the phaser, chest, back and shoulders.
- There is no ongoing record of player history recorded by the system software.
- Game types are limited to team and individual games or to their cosmetic differences.
- There is no in depth game editor.
- Speakers are located only in the phaser.
- Modulated laser diodes used for scoring hits.
- Phasers can be operated with one hand.
Summary: Low end systems are designed with no repeat play features. Players simply go into an arena with limited team colors and zap each other. They score points by zapping players in a basic shallow game which almost universally is just team or individual. At the end of the game they receive a score sheet or view their scores on a basic scores monitor after which their record of play is wiped. Low-end systems are almost universally unreliable and you can expect to pay anywhere between $5,000-$10,000 per year on maintenance and parts.
The defining feature of a mid-range system is the presence of full-color LED’s in the vests allowing greater flexibility & interchangeability in team colors and size. However the system does not have a built-in membership system recording ongoing player scores history, and this prevents it from being classed as a high-end system.
Mid-range systems will often have some additional features such as:
- Two hand safety detect.
- Real time digital speech feedback through shoulder speakers OR an LCD on the phaser.
- DMX triggered events integrated into the game system.
- Game editor.
Summary. Mid-range systems offer players a choice of team colors and each vest is capable of being any color. There is a game editor to allow for a variety of games which can make the depth of play more interesting. Vests often have superior digital speech and other forms of player feedback such as vibrating hit recognition and hit zones that flash when hit. Vests have safety features such as protective noses and two-hand detect. Players’ results are lost after they have finished their game and the subsequent game has started.
Some mid-range systems will have optional software enhancements to bring the experience closer to the high-end.
A system cannot be high end unless it has a membership system for recording ongoing player history. A high-end system will also have many of the following features:
- POS system
- Player handicapping based on ongoing Skill Level
- Advanced Role Playing Games where players have different abilities such as stealth, rapid fire, missiles, shields, player to player resupply.
- Interactive arena features beyond standard team bases and mines.
Summary. High end systems are capable of supporting stand alone laser tag locations and also large FEC’s where laser tag is the anchor attraction. The advanced features are geared towards repeat play and superior management. The laser tag experience goes beyond zapping other players and can become a battle against the arena as well. Players are encouraged to become members and progress up skill levels through the ongoing tracking of their average score and achievements.
Next-Gen features are cutting edge laser tag technology that has only recently been introduced and development is still being expanded. Next-Gen features include:
- RFID facility integration
- Automated diagnostic tools
- Social media integration
- Video game-style player achievements
While you rock around the arena to your chosen favourite sound track, bright green laser beams suddenly spear through the haze of smoke, narrowly missing you. Looking ahead, you see the enemy lurking in a dark maze of tunnels and corridors. You aim at the leaders chest. You lock on. You fire. Her chest plate flashes white and the battlesuit deactivates instantly. Suddenly your lights change from yellow to red and your onboard computer informs you that as expected you are coming 1st
Creeping forward, you discover the lair of the Jade Serpent. You sneak in and start zapping her hatchlings until the serpent rears up to defend her brood. Now you have become the target.
The world’s most sophisticated laser tag game. This fast-action game is played in a low-light living arena with special lighting effects, interactive intelligent devices, swirling fog and a thumping soundtrack. Recently, laser tag’s popularity has exploded. And this is your opportunity to get a share of this lucrative sector of the leisure market.
Overall, Laserforce’s features, game play and reliability all contribute to repeat play and positive word of mouth. These factors increase income and are all good reasons to choose Laserforce.
The large number of laser tag manufacturers competing for your business tend to produce either low-end, mid-range or high-end systems. Laserforce is the best selling mid-range to high-end laser tag system in the world. Below are just a few reasons why.
- Robust, Reliable, Reputable The robustness and reliability of the Laserforce system is second to none
- Most experienced in the industry 29 years in manufacturing and operating the world’s longest running laser tag site
- Most engaging and interactive experience Our unique and patented features keep your guests coming back
- Highest rate of repeat play Some Laserforce operators attain a rate of over 97%
- Highest survivability rate of sites Of all our sites who opened in the last 8 years, 92% are still happy and profitable. This rate is well above the industry average.
- Highly supported Join a family of over 135 professional Laserforce operators world wide
- Global infrastructure Laserforce has technical support bases in everyglobal region
- Easily upgradeable systems Get the basic model or fully optioned
- Flexible payment options Can’t pay cash? Let us help you
- Dedicated to on-going R&D Annual software upgrades keep your site running at peak efficiency year after year
- More money quickly The Laserforce system is designed for rapid turn over with four or five games per hour, each with 50 players, you can generate a lot of money quickly